Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Donations Galore!

I am so impressed by the donations that are coming in on my donation site!

When I hear of people that know others close to them or they are affected by Crohn's and Colitis it makes me so excited that I am doing this fundraising for them!

I have hit up my dear loved ones like mom, boyfriend, friends,etc through phone calls, texts, facebook messages, e mails, etc. Its just so easy for people to donate through the website. They have then become such amazing campaigners for me by spreading the word. How you approach someone to donate money is truly going to make a difference. You don't want to put pressure on anyone and of course I would never want someone to donate beyond their means. I know times are tough right now.

I let people know that I have joined Team Challenge and that I am raising money towards the cure for Crohn's and Colitis and training for a half marathon. I then ask them - Would you like to run with me or donate? More than 95% have said I will give you the money. haha.

I also get super excited because I have a Blackberry and every time someone donates I get an e mail from clientsupport@activenetwork.com I literally put my fist up and go YES!! (while getting strange looks from people nearby)

As of right now I have $985.00 out $2600.00 which is 38%. Not too bad I must say. I am certainly giving myself a pat on the back for this one and if you donated then give yourself a pat on the back too!

I want to personally shout out to my mom, boyfriend, and best friends that are campaigning for me by sending e mails to their co workers for families. My mom got her classmate from Thailand to donate and guess how much they did.. $500.00! TALK ABOUT GENEROUS!

My mom inspires me so much. I love you!!

Me and my mom in Mykonos, Greece- June of 2010

Tonight is the Team Challenge Kick Off Party at Saavy in Redwood City! I get to meet my mentor and others that are part of Team Challenge going through the same experience! Super excited. Will post pictures after the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment