I knew this week was going to busy because of all of my birthday festivities this weekend so I had to fit my training in!
What helps me look forward to this 8 mile run today were the following:
- new music (I currently am really into Charice featuring Iyaz- Pyramid)
- challenging my body to a new distance
- being alone. I find myself so stressed from work I just need to escape in my head.
- new Nike Shorts! I think I am now able to run in shorts because they completely worked out for me today. I found Nike shorts that have a spandex lining instead of that granny panties thing inside and its GREAT. They are called Nike Dri-FIT Phantom Performance Women's Training Shorts!!
- Trying Gu for the first time (Vanilla Bean flavor) I think it worked because I took it at 5 miles and I didn't feel too tired after that. UGH but eating that stuff for the first time was weird. It took me almost an entire mile to eat the whole thing. Its a lot and its super filling. Gu will have to be a completely separate blog entry.
I did my run at Los Gatos Creek Trail and since it was overcast today it was somewhat dark at 6pm already. I don't ever suggest that women go run alone. I was pretty scared the entire time but I made it. I might run with pepper spray next time if I go in the evening.. or have someone join me!
Only 2 days until this week is over and the weekend can begin!!!