Thursday, April 8, 2010

Running Has Become Therapeutic For Me...

At today's practice at Cisco we did about 4 miles and it felt good. Granted I run really slow and the guys said thats okay- slow and steady is okay I felt so slow compared to them. Is it possible its because my stride is shorter because my legs are? haha.


I realize that I am really not good at having conversations while I'm running. I am what you call anaerobic which means I just don't have enough oxygen to run and talk at the same time. Instead I end up putting my head phones on and just zone out. I take that time to enjoy my music, my scenery and putting my body in auto pilot to run.


A lot of running is a major mental thing. Your body is so much stronger than you think but when I start running and I think about how far I have to go, when I'll get to drink water, do I have to go to the bathroom?, am I running too slow? too fast? I tell myself to STOP!! The longest I've ever run in one session was 5 miles so to me 13.1 sounds overwhelming but I know I can do it. With adequate training and making sure to not get injured its all really possible.


Some of the songs I've been bumping hard on my hot pink shuffle are:
- 143 by Bobby Brackin and Ray J
- I'm a Be by Black Eyed Peas
- Rude Boy by Rihanna
- Don't Stop Believing by Glee Cast
- Dancing in the Dark BY Lady Gaga

What do you guys listen to when running if anything at all?


Tomorrow is my recovery day so I'll be at Turbo Kick Boxing or Zumba. See everyone at the Group Practice on Saturday at San Thomas Aqunio Trail in Santa Clara!

No comments:

Post a Comment