Thursday, April 1, 2010

My First Major Running Jacket Purchase by NORTHFACE!

When I think of Northface I think of snowboarding gear. I didn't realize they had such a good line of just athletic clothes and accessories.

Yesterday I was at a shopping party at Sports Basement that Bel (Team Challenge teammate) had invited me to and we got to shop around the store for 2 hours and get 20% off and free booze and snacks! It was a lovely time.

I bought this Northface Swift Hybrid Jacket which is part of their Flight Series and I'm super excited to use it on my run today! Often times when running in the early mornings or late evenings it can be really chilly and sometimes rain so I wanted a jacket that could protect from that.


Although this jacket does not have a hood it is water repellent and has zip pockets on the front and a compartment in the back! I'm totally going to use this for my races too! When I run I always have my ipod shuffle clipped somewhere, my camera, my car key, and my cell phone so pockets are a must!

Check out the Northface description of this thing!
Designed for the endurance athlete who prefers to jettison excess weight in the interest of speed, this full zip jacket offers a windproof front and a breathable, stretch knit back and underarm panels for temperature regulation. With flat-locked seams, this technical jacket has strategic seams prohibiting abrasion wherever possible.


Features:
Carbon from Bamboo technology
Windproof body fabric to block the wind, stretch breathable knit back panel and underarm panels for temperature regulation
Flat-locked seams
Reflective trim at shoulders
Two hand pockets
Monkey thumbs
Zip stash pocket on lower back
Drop-tail hem
Imported

I'm hyping it up so I hope it works as well as I'm saying!

It was also 62 bucks instead of 80 bucks and got 20% off! Its all investment I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment