Friday, April 2, 2010

Team Practice at Los Gatos Creek on Thursday April 1, 2010 at 6:15PM

My first mid week run outside! It felt so good! I experienced a lot of first times on this run and I'm all about trying things out for the first time and seeing if I like it and what not.


The only people that showed up for this Team Challenge run was me and my mentor Deanna! Its okay though because we got to talk about a lot of things related to running and just life in general.


Los Gatos Creek trail for the most part was really pretty with all the different greens but odd because there was a lot of graffiti, the tunnels were kinda scary, and some clothes were strewn by the creek. I enjoyed the up and down hills and we ran at an easy pace and did 3 miles.


Some of the new experiences I had on this run that I have surprisingly have never done before:

1. Run with someone and without music- this was interesting because I tend to breathe really heavy so I kinda of had a hard time being a good conversationalist. haha. Sorry Deanna!
2. Running with a cape. I wanted to represent Team Challenge with the spirit cape I was given but it kinda choked me. woops!
3. Running without music. It was interesting to not have music because I was able to notice my surroundings more with all the nature sounds oh and hearing people and the cars. haha

Needless to say I had a lot of fun and look forward to longer run and challenging my body.

Today is my "rest day" and I'm doing Turbo Kickboxing at lunch!

Tomorrow is our weekend practice at Stanford track! woo hoo! Bright and early at 8:30am on a SATURDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment